Thursday, November 04, 2004

Making Connections as a Professional Writer

While putting together a handout for class which described professional organizations, journals, and other resources in the various areas of writing which my students are working in, I again began to see just how big the field is. I ended up with a five-page, single-spaced list of resources, and even now, I'm thinking of areas I didn't cover: screenwriting and the screenwriters guild, the program managemeny institute for managers of professional writing, the organizational learning listserv, the huge number of educational journals, and even organization in which I have been a member, such as the AAUP.

I can't overemphasize the importance of making connections with other professionals in the areas in which you work. While writing can be solitary work, disseminating your writing is not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home